Saturday, September 1, 2007

first blog

Greetings everyone,
This is my first blog at this site, but I have done a few on mySpace already. I am poor at being consistent with my posting, but I will try to do better here. I am interested in many disciplines, so this will feature many different trains of thought. Among my primary interests are do-it-yourself projects, home improvement, technology, alternative energy, mapping, travel and photography. I also enjoy discussing outdoor activities such as skiing, hiking, camping, canoeing, and boat building. I look forward to the interaction we may have.

3 comments:

bothenook said...

welcome to the sublogosphere!
hope you have a bunch of good no-shitters, because we've all told all our stories to each other, and they are getting stale!
bring it on!
and thank you for your service.

RickyCWO said...

bothenook,
I have a ton of them and will share with you all. I entered subs in 1987 and served on Archerfish until June 1990. I then went to Advance Aux Pkg school in Groton before going to Helena in Pearl. From there I went to Ballston Spa and did a staff tour at S8G. After that I served on Pittsburgh until Dec. 2000. I did my last enlisted tour back at 8G until my commissioning in March 2004. I've been on Carl Vinson since May 04 and will be going back to MARF (Ballston Spa) next April. I look forward to blogging with all of you.
Ric

Subvet said...

We can use all the sea stories you've got. Welcome!

So you were on the Archerfish back in 87-90? After relieving Jim McCutcheon I served aboard her as leading auxiliaryman from 91-92, then I retired. Good boat.